Putting a house for sale requires you to do some background work. Here is a guide to get some doubts cleared before you actually put your house up for sale.
Sellers brace yourself; here are ten tips that will help you get the most of your sale.
1. Clean up your house in order to get that shiny perfection, make sure your home smells delicious (you can put some Lysol in the kitchen sink before you show your house to each buyer. It gives the house a fresh smell; remember to drain the sink before the buyer arrives.)
2. Make sure there are no clutters on the floors of your house; also see the floors of your closets The Clutter will make your room seem smaller than it actually is.
3. Straighten the bookcases and clean the dust between the books. Straighten the closets and hang each item in the closets in a orderly manner.
4. Spend time cleaning and organizing your pantry, shelves, and the laundry room.
5. Make sure your have the right combination of colors throughout the walls; a plain white wall will give your home the look and feel of an institution. A blend of colors will be what buyers would prefer.
6. Removing all the photos will give your house an empty look, leave the photos on tables or book shelves. It will give a cozy family feeling. If you for some reason have to remove the photos, make sure you pull out the nails, putty the holes in the wall and paint it.
7. Leave the toys out; it gives the house a positive energy. Makes the house look like a happy place.
8. Bathrooms are as important as your bedrooms, keep the bathrooms spotless. Don’t leave toys in the bathtubs and definitely not a good idea to leave dirty towels on the bathroom floor. Make sure the toilets smell fresh and clean.
9. Make room in the patio for entertainment purposes. Have fresh flowers in the pots and clean the furniture.
10. Yard for reasons beyond our intelligence houses that have a front porch with red or yellow flowers sell faster. The appearance of the gate is very important.
No seller with children can keep the house in a perfect condition for a long time, be smart and be prepared; these tips have helped many people get the maximum out of their sale. There are some houses for sale in Bedford that have employed some of these tips and are getting positive signs.